Over 420 Businesses Now Signed-Up To Ground-Breaking Lawsuit Against Cabinet and ANC

Today, we are pleased to announce that over 420 businesses have signed up to join hands with us in our ground-breaking Class Action Lawsuit against President Cyril Ramaphosa, the Minister of Police, Bheki Cele, the members of the Security Cluster, and the ANC, amongst others, following last month’s looting and lawlessness that terrorised communities across the provinces of Kwa-Zulu Natal (KZN) and Gauteng.

This exponential increase in the number of businesses signing up suggests that South Africans are gatvol with inaction, and politicians that do not serve them, and do not serve South Africa. They want to be part of processes that advance their interests, and not those of political parties, their bosses, or their benefactors. 

Since our announcement of this ground-breaking initiative to hold President Ramaphosa, Minister Cele, and the rest of the Executive accountable, we have called on South Africans who have been negatively affected by the recent riots and looting to share their experiences and join our legal action by going to: https://www.actionsa.org.za/your-story. Our legal team continues to work day and night reviewing submissions already received, some of which include; 

  • Chichi, who says; “I was affected by looting of KwaZulu Natal and Gauteng looting my bottle store I build for 13 years gone in 20mins I called police no answer I called ADT that I am paying for years the told me they not allowed is police ,now the roof was down all the Goods in bottle store gone even the freezers all gone sales point gone swapping machine gone
  • Michele, who says her family “butcher and takeaway was looted, destroyed and burnt down in this unrest…which started for us on Saturday 10th of July…. there is absolutely nothing left of our businesses…
  • Kabelo, a General Practitioner, says “My Surgery (general practice)…have been looted. Equipments stolen.
  • Mary-Ann, who’s company imports and distributes “gas water heaters and gas hobs throughout S.A. on Monday the 12th July 2021 our warehouses…were ransacked by unlawful looters. We lost stock, all our electronic equipment and suffered damage to our buildings
  • Lwazi, who owns a bottle store, says; “it was looted. I lost stock to the value of R490 000.00 and building damages.

These are but less than 0.1% of the submissions we have received. The sheer scale of the devastation and loss is unlike anything we could have ever imagined. Amongst these are harrowing tales of families who are themselves gripped by the devastation of the Covid-pandemic, whose family members have also lost their lives as a result of these treasonous actions of the looters and their political overlords inside and outside of the ANC. The knock-on effect will only add to the misery faced by South Africans from all walks of life on a daily basis. 

I remain gutted by this devastation, and share my sympathies with all those who have lost their livelihoods and loved ones as a result of these senseless ANC factional battles and acts of terrorism. These losses must be laid squarely at the ANC’s feet and my resolve to ensure that South Africans receive justice and that those responsible for the destruction we have seen here in KZN are held to account is only reinforced by each of these stories. 

In addition to our legal action, we remain resolute that the President must establish an independent Judicial Commission of Inquiry into this treason. This view is only reinforced by the news that the ANC has resolved to nominate the Former Defence Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula to the position of Speaker of the National Assembly, effectively promoting her after her failure to prevent the riots.

Someone who has denied that this was an act of treason and insurrection cannot be trusted to head body that itself seeks to hold an inquiry into same. She is obviously conflicted and her mere presence in that seat would render Parliament’s findings liable to legal challenge. A Judicial Inquiry is now our only way of holding even members of Cabinet to account whilst preventing the ANC from using its majority in Parliament to whitewash any meaningful investigation and cover up the tracks of many instigators who are quite likely their senior members and benefactors.

Indeed, I must emphasise that we are deeply concerned by the lack of action from our criminal justice system in pursuing the real perpetrators of these destructions.

ActionSA stands ready to provide an alternative to the broken political system that has failed South Africans. We are assembling a team of South Africans committed to public service and not service of political parties, who have the skills, experience, and knowledge to advance South Africa.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp
Share on email
Email